Saturday, July 7, 2007

Prim Home Decor using vintage graphics.

On another board recently, I saw a crafter making these vintage cans and I just had to try it for myself!

Supplies are in the pic below. Also, you will need a photo editing program to make your graphic for the can. I use Digital Image Pro Suite 2006 for all of my graphic editing. It's sized to about 4-1/4" x 10-1/2".

”Click HERE for label graphics to purchase”

The can template:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/LeeIngram/Primitve%20Crafting%20Tutorials/vintagecantut7.gif

First, I opened the can using a can opener by Oneida (purchased at WalMart) that makes a nice smooth cut on the lid...it makes a lid that can be taken off easily without any sharp edges.


After that, I spray the tops and bottom of the can with $.99 Walnut spray paint (WalMart), leaving the label on the can...just because I wanted to! LOL!;


Let that dry; print out your graphic onto ivory paper or brochure paper and place on can sealing the ends with double sided tape or you could glue it on with a glue stick. I you glue the label to the previous label, it will leave marks that show through. If you have a xyron with the sticker/laminate roll, you could use that also to attack the label.


Here are some pics using vintage art:



”Click HERE for label graphics”

No comments: